Sunday, July 17, 2016

Success!

Kind of...

After running through the diagnostics 50 times and not getting the correct results I decided that I needed to add a relay for the brake circuit. I grabbed the two I had on hand and wired one up, screwed around with it for an hour, grabbed the second one and spent another hour, wiring it every way possible and still not getting the correct diagnostic reading. I quit, I have something else to do, run out and get cat food and I'll stop at Autozone and pick up a new relay. I get back to the garage, wire it in and BINGO! Brake circuit is working correctly! Tuck a few wires away, add the side covers and let's see if it works.

I get on the highway, hit 70mph, turn on the switch, thumb the set button, and cruise control! Wait, it drops about 3mph, speeds up 3mph, drops about 3mph. Darn, I think I may have too much slack in the control cable or I have the sensitivity set too low.

But I did get it all back together



More things to check tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment