Saturday, July 9, 2016

And for my next trick....

I have decided that I want to add cruise control. It was an option when my bike left the showroom floor but my came without being a police model. The quick and painless way(short of install and cost) would be order up Harley part number  77196-04 which is the kit for my bike, unfortunately Harley no longer makes this and there is only one available at a site that carries the non-obtanium kits but they would like a modest $863.

That's not happening.

After hours of research I came across several sites with people using an Audiovox kit that uses a vacuum servo or a Rostra kit that has an electric servo, I chose the latter and ordered it from Amazon for $167 plus a left side set of handlebar switches for stock radio/CB controls. I think that I can make the Rostra kit work for what I need along with factory style switches.


In the mean time I have disassembled a factory king tour pack and it is ready to take to my paint guy. Plus the next obsession is looking for an aftermarket removable fairing with a radio, I have convinced myself it will be great when touring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment