Thursday, July 14, 2016

More Parts

Not much has transpired on the cruise control project, I've been rearranging wires, drawing diagrams, and doing some ciphering' now that I've decided to get this done before a planned trip to Colorado the end of July.

I like last minute mods, lol.

I also "lucked" into a Craigslist deal on a Reckless Motorcycles fairing for the princely sum of $400. It needed a little bodywork on the front which I was going to color match it anyway and brackets for my bike, but was a unknown as to whether or not it worked, seller said it did but couldn't prove it.





The best feeling was that after procuring a plug that it fired right up and sounded great, I was sweating blown speakers or a non-op head unit. Not a bad deal as the run $900+ new.
The nice thing about the Reckless is they use a Bluetooth Infinity marine stereo with Polk Audio marine speakers, no need to fear the rain.


So while I was playing with that I perused eBay and picked up a new chrome rack for the tour pack and decided to grab a left side control for an Ultra to utilize the Push To Talk button for my aftermarket cruise. $50 later one was on it's way but upon ohming it out the PTT button was junk contrary to the listing. I can still use the radio volume button I guess, although I was saving that for the radio. We will see what the seller says as it was listed as working fine, maybe a little discount for my trouble would be nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment