Sunday, July 17, 2016

One Step Forward

And maybe a step sideways.

Spent most of Saturday finishing up the wiring on my cruise control project, well most of that time was spent looking at wiring diagrams to decide where I would pull the tach and VSS signal from or running after heat shrink and split loom. I was able to grab the tack wire from the stock 12 pin connector on the right side of the bike but I got tired of chasing that white/green VSS wire so I split it and tagged into it near the connector also on the drivers side.

After connecting to the wrong taillight wire, brake instead of running, I got it all hooked up right and performed the diagnostics on the paperwork included and it works! Go out for a ride, no bueno, the cable is too tight and binding the throttle. This creates a cruise control of itself lol. Back to the garage to extend the attachment. After burning myself twice I got it done but called it a day, the wife asked me to install two new faucets, one kitchen the other our bathroom, and the latter tested every bit of patience I had requiring a dremel to remove the rusted nut holding the hot side handle on. That was the end of working on Saturday, on anything. Now to find time to replace the faucet in the other bathroom....


No comments:

Post a Comment