Thursday, October 27, 2016

And so it began

So the forlorn 1978 Malibu up for inspection when I drove up



Unfortunately the 78 on taillights were gone but it came with these ragged 79 models with blue dots.




Really I bought it from this crappy pic proving you shouldn't judge a wet car by it's picture, looks reasonably clean.



By the way it was outfitted I am guessing it was a "drag car" and I use that term loosely. It had air shocks, 14" Keystone Klassic front wheels, obligatory dash mounted tach, and that awesome Demon Carburetion sticker on the door panel.

Unfortunately these cars are getting harder and harder to find so I didn't pass on it, I towed it home, pushed it into the garage, and examined my purchase.



Not sure what they were trying to accomplish on the hood, they used a grinder of some sorts to remove paint and most of the edges through to the inner structure. It was scrap







With the look around apparently somebody is operating a dirt quarter mile somewhere in the Texas panhandle. This thing was plastered

Not so much rust as dust.

At this point my OCD was approaching a level that was unheard of, it needed a dirt exorcism in the worst way. The only way to accomplish this.........

No comments:

Post a Comment