Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I Take Stuff Apart

I have O.C.D. and A.D.D. which means everything must be perfect, but not for long. I spend most of my time taking things apart and cleaning them just for the satisfaction for knowing it is done "right". That can also mean once everything is "right", I lose interest, everything is not right with the Road King.

This leads to the latest episode in my Harley project, replacing a snapped drive belt.

Luckily it snapped in the garage after deciding to ride down to the new Adam Smith Mega-Harley store but it killed the day and sent me on a spiral of collecting parts to do work "while I'm there".
No, I can't just pull the inner primary and replace said belt, at a minimum the seals would need replaced. And if I'm going to pull the swingarm(which has 60K) I  may as well replace the bushings and bearings, you know that rear tire only has a couple thousand miles left.....and down the rabbit hole we go! New rear tire= new to me wheels and new tires front and rear and while I'm at it let's do a 170/60/17 in the rear because I didn't just do a new paint job last year and I should buy a new fender to accommodate said fat tire.

 

The reason I went to a fat tire? It's the best deal I could find on a pair of chrome factory wheels, seems like a good reason to incur more work, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment