Saturday, April 23, 2016

Fire!

Decided to take some time and have lunch with a friend today plus put some miles on and that's where something went wrong.

Cruising down the highway the bike started losing power, weird. Then I had to downshift, something is wrong.

I go to grab the front brake and haul it off the road and I'm greeted with a rock solid brake lever, that's not good.

A precursory look around the front and I can see the rotors are glowing. Crap.

I manage to get it hauled down after signaling my buddy and hop off just in time to see small flames licking at the calipers. I let it cool down a few minutes before trying my frontier medicine on the bike and then crack the bleeders to release the pressure to see what happens, the lever goes back to normal. WTF? Well, what the hell, let's go! I never had another problem the rest of the day short of the diminished braking capability from the front. Not sure what happened but I'll be delving into it tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment