Sunday, May 1, 2016

I was going through pics today and I wish I had started this blog the day I purchased the Road King, I didn't but here is a pic of the day I bought it. This pic was taken halfway home from Conroe at a gas stop while I also changed into some drier clothes after a rainstorm.



This pic makes it look much cleaner than it really was, I'm not sure that it had been thoroughly washed in it's life, it certainly hadn't ever seen chrome polish and either had spent time near the ocean or the chrome was just rough from no washings. The Ultra seat was missing the front catch so it was only held on by the rear screw through the fender, that windshield was bought at a random boat/harley shop we hid at while the rainstorm passed, the original looked like it had been scoured by a brillo pad. Also while it had a new rear tire, the front was 5 years old, hard as a rock, and weather checked but it made the 4.5 hour trip home.



No comments:

Post a Comment