Thursday, June 7, 2018

The new victim, I mean project....

Not as if I needed a new project to work on but I can always rationalize it when I find one.

I have driven by an old Chevy truck in a backyard for the five or so years since we bought our house, just a few blocks away. A few weeks ago the house had a for sale sign in the front yard, owners clearing out the house, and I decided to stop to inquire about the relic in the backyard.



Turns out it is the original owner that bought it new in 1973 and to throw him an offer, it would have to be moved hours away otherwise. He ended up throwing out a completely fair offer that I jumped on and then I heard the story. Bought brand new in 73, originally a 454/th400 truck but it had the transmission rebuilt and a new Chevy crate 350 installed for his son to drive. After 13K miles it started to have a rod knock, Chevy wouldn't warranty it, and they parked it. The inspection sticker is from 2002.....


No comments:

Post a Comment