Monday, July 25, 2016

WOLO because YOLO

While looking for inexpensive mods that can make a difference I came across one that didn't see much play on Harley's but did for imports and cars...... The WOLO Bad Boy air horn. I can say every single bike I have owned has had horns that barely qualify being called a horn. They do a piss poor job at notifying fellow drivers and inattentive cager's that they are going to run you over, an upgrade is definitely a step forward in safety. The impetus besides a fresh mod also came in the form of an email from Harbor Freight with a 25% off coupon which made the $39.99 horn only $29.99, how could anyone sane man pass that up?

In all it's glory after removing from the blister pack


With a silver bullet for scale


It is a compact two tone air horn that has a self contained compressor that does require battery power and a relay to be added but that is an easy deal. Well, so I thought until the curse of the Chinese relay bit again. I removed the factory horn from the bracket, drilled out the top hole, and bolted the WOLO right to it, easy peasy. For wiring you put the factory horn contacts on 85 & 86, +12v switched to contact 30, then contact 87 to the horn's positive, then the horn's ground to ground.

Easy.

Unless your relay that comes with the kit is broken and you spend too much time thinking you have a bad ground. SMH Using the spare I bought the other day when installing the cruise control every thing worked perfect, the damn horn scared the bejeezus out of me first time.

I'm sure it will get inattentive driver's attention when/if it is needed.



Actually tucks in tighter than stock




I'm now part of the club



No comments:

Post a Comment